|Specialist Apprenticeship Programme (SAP) QCF Level 2|
|Delivery of 30 day training programme and assessment towards
the Specialist Apprenticeship Programme (SAP) per candidateRegistration fee payable to awarding body
|Specialist Apprenticeship grant available from CITB Construction Skills
to levy registered employers
|Training costs minus CITB-Construction Skills grant for eligible levy
|Total||£1422.00 in credit|
Flexible payments options available, please enquire
On Site Assessment and Training (OSAT) fee
SAP is a 2-year apprenticeship scheme that leads to a QCF Level 2 in Metal Roofing (Lead & Hard Metals) while automatically gaining a City & Guilds 6055 Leadworkers Certificate and Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) recognition, once successfully completed a health and safety test.
This training scheme is designed to be delivered in a modularised manner by a combination of formal instruction off-job, followed by on site training with an employer, where the final end assessment of the skills and knowledge gained will be carried out.
Who should attend
- Learners having a contract of employment with an appropriate English registered company.
- Learners who have reached the age of 16 prior to the registration date of the scheme.
- Learners who are resident in England.
- Learners not already possessing an QCF Level 2 or equivalent or a higher-level qualification.
- Trainees will gain experience through off the job training sessions in every aspect of the industry.
- Flexibility through the on site training elements to suit the employer’s core business requirements.
- Understand the hazards and safe working practises within this specialised industry.
- Learn to form and install lead sheet flashings, weatherings and roof details to a variety of roof finish to recognised practise and standards of competence.
- Delivery of an QCF Level 2 over a 2-year period.
- Gain a City & Guilds 6055 Leadwork certificate.
- CSCS recognition (on successful completion of a health and safety test).
Dates & Venue
We have four intakes per year, please telephone 01622 872432 to confirm next enrolment date.
What should you bring?
Safety Boots, overalls or warehouse coat are all you need as the tools, materials, and lead sheet required for the course are included in the price.
What you need during your assessments?
All relevant Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Grants Payable to Contractor
The (SAP) is closely monitored by the ConstructionSkills and those companies that are in Scope will be eligible to receive grants for apprenticeship registration, attendance and achievement. See below for grants payable. Funding is paid quarterly in arrears direct to the contractor.
|1st year attendance on (SAP) programme
2nd year attendance on (SAP) programme
QCF Level 2 achievement
Contribution to employer training cost
Please contact the LSA for further information including payment options and to confirm the candidate’s eligibility for grant funding