Design and installation of Rolled Lead Sheet – an overview
Years of expertise in the industry forms the backbone of the advice, support and publications that the LSA produces.
Below are the key elements to look out for when designing and installing Rolled Lead Sheet to BSEN 12588:
- Physical and mechanical properties of lead sheet
- Contact with other materials
- Bossing and welding methods
- Jointing methods
- Support and fixing methods
- Prevention of corrosion
Rolled Lead Sheet is commonly used on all types of modern and historic properties for:
- Flashings to abutments on flat and pitched roofs
- Protective Weatherings to ledges and cornices
- Damp proof courses and cavity trays
- Linings to parapet and valley gutters
- Coverings to flat and pitched roofs
- Vertical cladding
- Cappings to parapet walls
- Cladding to dormer windows
- Many other specialist uses, such as radiation shielding and sound attenuation.
Click here to see the range of publications LSA also provides.