Next seminar Thursday 11 October
Are you involved in the specification, design and handling of materials in buildings?
If so, you may be interested in our one-day seminar that looks at all the different uses of rolled lead sheet. The LSA is at the forefront of training and technical advice and on this seminar its experts will cover the following areas:
- The main uses of rolled lead sheet and methods of manufacture.
- Review of the main causes of failure in leadwork such as over-sizing; over-fixing; failure of fixings; run-off from lichen covered surfaces; building into masonry; condensation; and staining.
- Methods of detailing and fixing lead to abutments; valleys; chimney stacks; pointing and damp proof courses; flat and pitched roofing/ventilation; gutter lining- boxed/tapered; fire prevention/hot work ban.
- Identifying errors in installation.
- The benefits of lead vs other products.
All presentations are fully supported with free technical information and hands-on practical sessions, providing participants with an appreciation of working and forming lead sheet, including welding and bossing.
Cost: £95 plus VAT
Timings: 9.30 – 4.30 (Lunch and refreshments included)
Location: Lead Sheet Association,
East Peckham, Tonbrige, Kent TN12 5HP
Please bring your own safety footwear for the practical session.
To book, download and return the application form.
T: 01622 872432