Lead Sheet Association
Job Description – Business Administration & Marketing Co-Ordinator
The Lead Sheet Association is the UK’s foremost Training organisation and provider of Technical Advice to roofing contractors and construction consultants involved in using or specifying lead on buildings. The Association are now seeking the services of a new Business Administration & Marketing Coordinator as a result of the retirement of the existing incumbent.
The Lead Sheet Association is a Trade Association set up and funded by its Members, the manufacturers of rolled lead sheet to BS 12588. In support of its Members the Association provides and sells externally: technical support, to the users and specifiers of the product, along with certified training courses. These services are largely provided from the Associations newly built facility in East Peckham, in Kent, but are also delivered around the UK from Technical or affiliated Vocational Training Centres. The Association also handles all product marketing and promotional activities on behalf of the Members. The Association employs 9 staff at East Peckham and 6 Regional Marketing Managers around the country. It provides over 1000 training days each year and responds to over 300 technical queries each month.
The individual will report directly to the LSA General Manger but will be required to keep the Chief Executive equally informed of their activities. The role will also require the individual to liaise closely with the PR/Communications and Marketing Consultant, and liaise, monitor and support the activities of six Regional Marketing Managers. The post also requires regular contact with the LSA’s, Technical Officers and externally with Sales Team Leaders of Member Companies.
The general duties will include:
- Prepare and distribute Monthly Internal Reports comprising material from the Finance Manager, Marketing / PR / Communications Consultant, Technical Manager, Training Manager, and Regional Marketing Managers.
- Attend minute and follow up actions resulting from Internal Meetings.
- Prepare and distribute Monthly External Reports to the Associations Member Companies, comprising material from CEO, Finance Manager, Marketing / PR / Communications Consultant, Technical Manager, Training Manager, and Regional Marketing Managers.
- Control the diary and agendas for all internal meetings with staff and external meetings with the Regional Marketing Managers.
- Liaise & support the Communications Manager in the production of all marketing and promotional material, including:
- Quarterly news letter
- Web site news items
- Tweets for Twitter
- Liaise and monitor the activities of our external Website managers on such matters as news items, web site amendments and web site analytics
- Monitor the activities of the Regional Marketing Managers and their reporting on the company CRM system, so as to report issues of High Urgency or importance to Senior Management.
- Prepare and distribute Induction Packs and sets of other data needed by the Regional Marketing Managers.
- Assist the General Manager & CEO with specific tasks / projects and general administration duties as required. Such issues will include:
- Arranging material for use at industry Award Ceremonies,
- Manage all issues relating to competitions run by the Association
- Assist in responding to training enquiries.
- Act as the secretary at the AGM
- Maintain good records and files of documents and actions
- The individual should possess the following personal characteristics:
- Capable of working as a member of a team
- Good communications skills
- Conscientious and hard working
- Be attentive to detail and correctness
- Flexible and content to work extended hours occasionally
- The individual should also possess:
- IT knowledge and skills in the use of email, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Be able to write clear and concise short reports
Other Matters And Occassional Duties
- Attend staff meetings and in-house training days regarding product updates and product knowledge.
- Respect and protect commercially sensitive sales data of the Associations Members and the intellectual technical property of the Association.
- Travel to meetings with external staff meetings around the country
- Attend industry seminars and workshops.