The Lead Sheet Association can now offer six training programmes accredited by City & Guilds as meeting its quality assurance criteria.
The Accredited Programme status has been awarded following a successful evaluation by City & Guilds of the LSA’s training capability and processes. The programme replace some existing awards and introduce some new ones.
The courses being replaced are:
- Traditional Basic Leadwork Craftwork (which replaces the LSA Basic Bossing and Welding Course)
- Traditional Intermediate Leadwork Craftwork (which replaces the former C&G 6055 Modules 1 to 4 course)
- Traditional Advanced Leadwork Craftwork (which replaces the former C&G 6055 Module 5 course)
- Traditional Basic Hard Metal Craftwork (which replaces the LSA Basic Hard Metal Course)
The course content, duration and competencies that successful candidates will acquire are unchanged from the previous courses. Existing candidates undertaking C&G 6055 will complete their courses and receive appropriate awards.
The new courses are:
- Traditional Intermediate Hard Metal
- Traditional Advanced Hard Metal
In addition, LSA continues to offer Specialist Applied-skills Programmes and Specialist Upskilling Programmes in both leadwork and hard metals.
All of these courses are approved for grant funding for contractors registered with CITB. For more information about the courses or to book, please call 01622 872 432